Read the Lovely Bicycle! Blog review here. This is the actual bike used in the LB review, except for the pedals and saddle.
The Soma Grand Randonneur is a true low trail geometry randonneuring frame set, which means it rides better with a front load than other touring and road bikes. Co-designed with Mike Kone of Rene Herse/Boulder Bicycles. It will fit all the gadgets a good rando bike should have. The traditional diameter tubes lend a smooth comfortable ride.
- Tange Prestige CrMo tubes, double-butted, non-oversized
- Threaded 1" lugged fork with low rider pannier bosses, mini rack eyelets and double eyelets at the dropouts
- Rear rack and fender eyelets
- Pump peg
- 3 sets of water bosses
- Designed for 650b wheels and cantilever brakes
- Max. tire fit: 650 x 42mm slick tires w/fenders
- Max. fender width: 50mm
This is the actual bike used in the LB review, except for the pedals and saddle.
|Frame||52cm Tange Prestige CroMo tubing. Double-butted|
|Headset||Cane Creek Classic 1" threaded|
|Rims||Velocity Synergy 650b, offset rear.|
|Tires||Compass Loup Loup Pass 650b x 38|
|Crankset||Shimano FC-5700 50 x 34t 170mm|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano BB-5700|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano FD-5703|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano Deore 11-32t 9 -speed|
|Shifters||Shimano ST-5700 105 STI|
|Handlebars||Nitto Noodle 42cm|
|Tape/Grips||Cinelli cork Red|
|Stem||Nitto Technomic Deluxe|
|Brakes||Shimano CX-50 Cantilevers|
|Saddle||Brooks B17 Standard Brown|
|Seat Post||Nitto Crystal Fellow|
* Subject to change without notice.